Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cathedral Window blocks

I have finally for the first time done a trial of Cathedral Windows. I have always loved the look but it just seemed like it would take forever. Thanks to the tutorial by http://hyena-in-petticoats.blogspot.com/2007/08/cathedral-window-quilt-tutorial.html I finally gave it a go. I absolutely love it. I love the idea of adding batting to it as well.. You are all finished quilted and ready to use in the end. What a great way to use up scraps. Now, I have to find some more white. I bet it would look good with black too. Hmmmm Or maybe Navy. I love scrappy quilts and easy no think piecing but this cool too. I did sew the windows in with the machine because my thumbs are not bothered with flat sewing as with hand sewing having to bend the thumb. Anyways, I am sure I could make it neater but now I know how. Thanks again to Hyena in Petticoats.( What a cute name). Any comments are welcome or suggestions or whatever.

No comments: